1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9/18 Hotpass drivers?? Come on DTV..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Mickstix, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Mickstix

Mickstix Legend

Feb 13, 2008
    Come on DTV.. Can we PLEASE get over the Jr. romance?? It's chase time, the channes should be given to drivers who are relavant!! Marcos Ambrose and Dale Jr. should be put on the shelf until either a plate race or a road course.. At least try to award channels to drivers who are going for the championship!! :nono2:

2. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 Active Member

Sep 3, 2007
    I have no idea how these decisions are made. It may have more to do with who NASCAR wants highlighted, rather than the wishes of DirecTV. Who knows what their agreement actually is.

3. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    I could not agree more!!

4. Cyber36

Cyber36 Legend

Mar 20, 2008
    Byron NY
    Maybe without having his car "hooked-up" might bring him some luck..........

5. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    It also may be similar to how regular in-car camera's are decided. Those are based on which teams are willing to pay for having the camera's in their car.

6. tj177mmi

tj177mmi AllStar

Mar 22, 2008
    Its actually which sponsor wants to put up the money to have an in-car camera installed.

7. Mickstix

Mickstix Legend

Feb 13, 2008
    Every race they show/list 8 or 9 cars that have in-car cameras that week.. So it's not due to a shortage of cars with cameras.. I also understand how popular Jr is, but he's basically had channel 798 to himself all year long.. The Marcos Ambros channel, I have no idea.. But seeing as it's chase time, I think whoever is making the programming decisions should show cars who are in the chase, if at all possible..