1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

9:57 p.m. Every night freeze

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by laramr, Jan 24, 2009.

1. laramr

laramr Mentor

Oct 20, 2005
    North Eastern MD. H20-100. I get about 2-3 seconds of picture and audio drop every night a couple of minutes or so before 10 p.m. It's usually right at a critical closing scene in a show. Annoying. Anyone know why?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    * Do you have other DirecTV Receivers? Do they all have this problem?
    * What channel or channels?
    * How is the H20 connected to your TV?

3. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    We'll need alot more info to even have any clue at possibilities...

In addition to Lizdog's questions...

1) Is it the same channel (network) each time, same 2 channels, or more (and which ones)?

2) What kind of display / TV is your receiver connected to?

2) If it's a national network (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS), have you contacted your local station for the corresponding station broadcasting this event?

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    If you're seeing this every night on the same box (H20-100), I'm assuming that is your primary receiver. My first thought was if you have a DVR that records the same program every night starting at that time, there may be something weird with your wiring where the DVR starting to record/changing channels causes a hiccup on your other box. But if the H20 is your main box, I doubt you've got a DVR running somewhere else.

As the others have mentioned, more information will help in diagnosing your problem. It could conceivably be something as goofy as a not-quite-properly grounded dish and someone gets home at the same time every night and pops the garage door opener. :)

5. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    The same time every night. :scratchin

That's weird. It almost implies that there is some external influence.

Maybe related to power as if something large goes off or on at that time.

Mike

6. teebeebee1

teebeebee1 Godfather

Dec 11, 2006
    Sometimes when the local affiliates here do their station ID it causes stuttering

Try recording the non HD version of whatever you are watching in case you wanna see who killed JR??

7. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    There have been rare reports of sporadic RF emmited from military radar during regular scheduled testing, if by chance you live near an active facility.