1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

921 Blank Screen each day since software upgrade

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by mn12, Jul 5, 2005.

1. mn12

mn12 New Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Since the latest Dish software upgrade my 921 has locked up each day. I have to reset the box. Anyone else have this problem?

Rich

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Moved to support forum, where other users can answer.

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    Yeah, I had this problem last night also.

I also had a problem where my 921 couldn't see any of my local digital channels. I had to readd each one to get them back.

4. paulcdavis

paulcdavis Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 22, 2004
    This has happened two or three times since L215. Sometime overnight the unit locks up, and in the morning neither the power button on the remote or the front panel will turn the 921 on. A power button re-boot is required.

My guess is that it is locking up during the overnight auto re-boot or during overnight EPG update.

5. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    This has happened to me too. The last time I had to do a power cord reboot, as neither the remote or the front panel power button responded. This happens the first time I tried to watch TV for the day, so I suspect something happened during the overnight reboot that locked-up the unit.

6. DanB33

DanB33 Cool Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Today, when I got up, the front panel and remote Power Buttons would not work. I turned the TV on and Attention 680 was up, "Receiver is in standby-- Rebooting". After 45 minutes, I called Tech Service. They had me do a Power Button Re-boot. It came back.