1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

921 OTA guide?

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by harsh, Oct 28, 2006.

1. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Is it just me, or are other LIL non-subscribers getting OTA guide data (such as it is)?

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    harsh, See my PM

Notice my new sig?

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I had a couple of blank stares from the 921 when family visited recently (stage fright?). Otherwise my original 921 (purchased as part of an HD34 bundle fer cheap) is working with only an occasional guide window PIP scaling problem.

4. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    My old sig was a rant over the OTA EPG issue. I hope they just leave things alone the way they are right now as far as that subject goes!

5. SteveB

SteveB Mentor

Aug 18, 2004
    In the Los Angeles area, I am getting almost all OTA guide data. Even including the secondary channels of some of the OTA channels. WOW, finally. Hope it isn't a temporary fluke of a new version, like a year ago. This is the way it should be.:)

6. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Shhhh...
    Let's keep this in PM. We do not want another L216 fiasco.

7. phongluu

phongluu Mentor

Mar 8, 2005
    LOL. That's right, not another L215 and L216.

Isn't the cat already out of the bag? ;)

Let's see what happen next....
    P.L

8. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    L215 was a great version, L216 was the version from hell :nono:
    They changed to L216 so fast my head spun.

I'd love to discuss my experiences with the EPG.
    I found some interesting quirks in the OTA EPG.