1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

921 Won't stop rebooting

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by robertlaird, May 5, 2004.

1. robertlaird

robertlaird New Member

Feb 22, 2004
    This morning my 921 keeps rebooting, Grey dish logo, Acquring data, tunes to 930 music chammel for 10/20 secinds can't axxess menu durning this 10/20 seconds then powers off and starts reboot cycle again Anyone know how to reset ... I have unplugged uniy for 15 seconds.... just starts xycle again

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Leave the 921 unplugged for several minutes, then try it again. If it still cycles again, you're going to need to get it replaced it sounds like to me.

3. Slordak

Slordak Hall Of Fame

Dec 17, 2003
    The music-only channels are problematic for the 921, i.e. if the 921 is turned off while tuned to one of the music channels, one can have issues when it is taken out of standby mode. However, I thought these issues were only video output related, rather than behavioral in nature.

Does it make any difference if the satellite connections are removed from the 921 for this problem? I know this doesn't necessarily let it boot either, but it may be one way to try and snap it out of the mode it's in now.

4. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Hall Of Fame

Jan 15, 2004
    Another possibility is to do the full monty - pull plug, pull smartcard, power up to reset smartcard buffer. pull plug, power up and wait for 'gimme card'.

Just a thought, and I might not have it 100% right.

5. robertlaird

robertlaird New Member

Feb 22, 2004
    I have tried the above suggestions still rebooting. I'm trying the reboot without the Sat inputs hope to break the cycle...says aquirring data with no connections...hoping it will time out and go another direction :confused: