1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

922 Question

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by Rduce, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    Got a fantastic deal on a NIB 922 from a dealer that was going out of business and I installed it on Wednesday, so far so good, but it does seem to have a mind of its own now and then.

I actually think I have spent more time playing Texas Hold Em than watching any television show with it.

The only annoyance is every morning the guide has reverted back to MY CHANNELS from my Favorites that I leave it on. Is this normal or is it just acting up?

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Normal, it was changed in a software update to reduce issues customers were having with missing channels due to them being on a custom list that didn't have those channels or people seeing channels and then thinking they should have access and in turn end up calling dish just for an agent to educate them.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    It's strange kind of method working on a bugs - instead of squash a bug what annoying customers - just mask it;
    or force the DVRs reboot each night instead of working out on memory leaking, system memory corruption, stacks overload, etc

BTW, how much you paid for it ?

4. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    $230 for the 922 and a OTA mod for $25, both NIB, no remans.