1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

922 Remote Control Freaked Out

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by cames, Dec 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. cames

cames Mentor

Jan 18, 2006
    I came home last night to freaked out kids because the 922 remote had freaked out. Pressing the Dish control button causes the light to start blinking rapidly and the remote to cease functioning properly. Pressing the Aux button, mapped to my home theater box, caused it to start blinking and the volume to get turned all the way up. We took the batteries out, replaced them, repeated, and still have the same thing. Is the remote fried? I've got a couple older remotes hanging around, such as one from our old 622 box. Can I use one of those?

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Try using the front panel on your 922 to go to the System info menu and unlink your remote... Then relink it.

Also worth looking in your settings menu at the remote settings to see if that has become corrupt somehow.

3. cames

cames Mentor

Jan 18, 2006
    Thank you, I'll give that a shot.

The install tech programmed it for me, is there a way to get the TV, DVD, etc, codes out of the remote?

4. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    The 922 uses different remote codes than remotes like the 6.3, but you can view them in menu-system setup-remote

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You're welcome... As MattG posted, you can clear all of the aux, DVD, etc codes from the setup remote menu and then reprogram it again from there.