1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

922 Sling 4:3 aspect ratio on HD Channels??

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by NTIMID8, Jan 2, 2014.

1. NTIMID8

NTIMID8 AllStar

Sep 16, 2005
    Hi,
    Is there a way to change the sling aspect ratio to 16:9 on the Vip922 Sling? When I view a HD channel via PC/I explorer it is black bared to 4x3.
    Now, the weird thing is I also have a 722 with a sling adapter installed and it displays HD is the proper format.

What have I missed?

Thanks in advance

Phil

2. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    I run windows 7... doesn't matter if I use IE 9,10, or 11... FF, or Chrome... 64 bit or 32 bit... doesn't matter same thing...It has been pointed out to dish and it been ignored for 4 or 5 months easy.

3. ZachS@DISH Network

ZachS@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jun 14, 2011
    This issue was just added our known product issue list. Our engineering department researching this issue. We will post any updates/ETA as soon as we receive them. Thank you for your patience.

4. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Bump....

Must be working feverishly on this problem....! only been 5 months now..... eye roll.....

5. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Well they had it fixed for about a month.... But here it is again....

New sling update and no such thing is the 16/9 ratio........

I just don't understand how screwed up this company is.....? And the forced to update if I could put the old update in....I would have a HD format..

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I have seen issues in the HQ mode. If I turn off HQ mode, the aspect ratios seem correct... but if I turn on HQ mode then the aspect is wrong. Are you seeing similar? OR is it always wrong even with HQ mode disabled?

7. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    when I get a chance I will check that out...thanks for the tip....

8. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    Well.....Its off the wall no consistency.....I did get a full screen at one point... and the esc key did nothing so it locked up IE 11... even had a box on my laptop with the show and it was my guess? 1 1/2 inch by 1 inch........

So inconsistent, and crashing the browser is all it really does.....What is sad it was broke for a good 6 months, gets straightened out for a month.... now this...

Thanks for the collage try.. :)

9. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I have troubles sometimes with the Web browser too... but like you said, it is more along the lines of crashing or not working. The iPhone/iPad apps tend to be more reliable for me... but the aspect ration problem is what I have there mostly.