1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

942 Losing Locals

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by the_bear, Feb 5, 2009.

1. the_bear

the_bear Godfather

Oct 18, 2004
    When I turn the 942 on in the morning, local channels do not appear on the guide. A reboot fixes the problem until the next morning. This has been happening for about a week. I currently subscribe to DishFAMILY + locals.

2. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Not sure what's causing that, would have to delve for more information...

You do need to call in and get the 942 upgraded though. In the somewhat near future that 942 is going to become a very nice paper-weight (no specific date, but whenever the upgrades to the new smartcards is done). Ask for the discontinued receiver promotion.

3. the_bear

the_bear Godfather

Oct 18, 2004
    I was hoping to wait until the very last minute to upgrade, just like the 20 million people not prepared for the DTV transition.

4. huffman.c

huffman.c New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    I lost locals on my 942 about a week ago too, with the same fix. Is the 622 the replacement?

I also have an 811. Is the 211 or K the replacement?

Thank you

Disregard please, I found the discontinued receiver thread

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    So, you're a glutton for punishment? Or just don't like HDTV? :lol: