1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

942 remote 2 controlling 811

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Jason_R, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Jason_R

Jason_R Mentor

Nov 13, 2005
    my remote two for my 942 which is downstairs in my master bedroom changes the channels for my 811 that is upstairs, and visa versa.

how can i keep this from happening?

2. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Change the remote address.

1. Go to your TV with the 811, turn it on.
    2. Press the Sys Info button on your 811's front panel, do this directly at the receiver or you can end up reprogramming your 942 at the same time.
    3. On your 811's remote, press and hold the "SAT" button until you see all 4 mode lights blink, then press a number other than what you already see for remote address in the Sys Info box on your TV.
    4. Press the "#" pound button to change the remotes address.
    5. Press the "Record" button to change the receiver's remote address.

Your done, you just changed the remote address.

BTW, I don't recommend using remote address 1 as this is the default and is probably what your neighbors also use.

3. Jon Spackman

Jon Spackman Icon

Feb 7, 2005
    Do you know where your manual is for the 942? If so there is a sextion about changing the remote address. UNPLUG your 811 during the steps or you might change the remote address on the 811 also and be no better off. After you finish changing the remote address on the 942, you can plug the 811 back in and they will not talk to each other any longer.:D

4. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    I have just closed and left a redirect from your duplicate post as well.

Thanks,
    Jason