1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

942 to 622 upgrade--just plug it up?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by bdmd, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdmd

bdmd Cool Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Whenever I upgrade to the 622, do I just unplug the cables coming in to the 942 and plug them into the 622? Will I have to do anything at the actual dish (I have a superdish with locals)? Or, will a tech have to come out and do anything? My in-house setup, regarding tv1 and tv2 will be the same, so basically I will just be upgrading the receiver to get the newer hd stations.

2. Ken Green

Ken Green Hall Of Fame

Oct 6, 2005
    That's what I did. As long as you can get Dish to activate it without an installer, and one of your dish is pointed at and receiving either 129° or 61.5°, yes, just plug and play.

3. sbuko

sbuko Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    The 942 doesn'tsupport HD locals. You'll need to determine which SAT is carrying your HD locals. As long as you are already pointing at that SAT, you should be able to simply drop the 622 in where the 942 was.

The fact that you have a superdish leads me to think that you may not be getting 61.5 or 129. You'll need to pick up one of these SATs depending on where your HD locals are.

Also as kdg454 says, you'll need to get Dish to activate it without an installer coming out. This isn't always as easy as it sounds. It took me three or four calls to get my 622 activated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.