1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

942/TV2 and OTA Signals

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dclay1216, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dclay1216

dclay1216 Cool Member

Dec 5, 2005
    I am sending the TV2 output at the 942 side into the antenna/cable side of a diplexor and then at the other side of the feed I have put another diplexor and pulled the antenna/cable feed and connected it to the cable I have running to the TV2 location. My question...is it possible to diplex OTA signals on the same run of cable as described above or will this interfere with the TV2 signal?

I am using a D500 system with DPP lnbs and a 942 receiver.

2. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    If I'm not mistaken, you can simply join the signals from your OTA antenna and the RF Out of your 942, as long as your 942 RF Out channel does not conflict with any OTA channels you get with your antenna. Simply choose a channel on the 942 that is not near any OTA channel in your area and you should be fine. No need for another dixpler.

3. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    A diplexor combines the signal from the satellite dish with the signal form cable and/or off-air antenna feeds. You cannot use a diplexor to combine two of the same kind of signal (i.e. OTA/cable).

Doesn't the 942's off air tuner pass to TV2? (I have a 921 so forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question)

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    OTA tuner is part of tv1. In single mode the signal is available on all outputs, in dual mode it is only available on tv1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.