1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 and 103 in mid 70's on swim?? HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by RHWendland, Jun 23, 2009.

1. RHWendland

RHWendland New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    I am having problems with a SWM install. 4 rooms, one hd dvr, 3 standard. My 101 &119 are at high 90's but no matter what i do i cannot get the reciever to pass the installation verification on 99 & 103. the highest i have gotten them is low 80'2 on transponder 2 and high 70's on transponder 11. Somebody told me it might have soemthing to do with power. 2 of the standard recievers aren't plugged in because the customer doesn't have those tv's yet. could that be thinning out the power to the swm and causing a drop in signal. I doubt it but a second opinion wouldn't hurt. Please help

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    I doubt it has anything to do with power.

Try another LNB cal customer from ODU to read back signal, not very pro but hey gets the job done sometimes.

3. RHWendland

RHWendland New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    tried both of those ideas with no luck, thanks anyway

4. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Reflector / LNB arms bent?

5. RHWendland

RHWendland New Member

Jun 23, 2009
    I don't think so, I'm going to go back to try again in a little while

6. netraa

netraa Godfather

Mar 27, 2007
    I had one of those yesterday. I changed out the dish, lnb, all the cable I installed, replumbed the mast, and then repeqaked the dish and it fired right up.

took the LNB to the office and it peaked fine. the dish died when I dropped it off the roof but the cable checked out fine so if you can.. I would chage the ODU and fire again

7. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    If a second LNB does not immediatly fix the issue, I'd take a hard look at the ODU itself.

There have been reports of some reflectors being warped ever so slightly out of the box.

8. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Over the years, I've run across a dozen or so dishes with slightly bent reflectors or arms, which had low signal and couldn't be peaked. Often the damage is so subtle that it isn't visible. Replacing the dish is the right solution for those.

9. satjoe

satjoe AllStar

Oct 28, 2008
    Not power, the power from the receivers are blocked at the SWM splitter. The Power inserter delivers the power to the dish. Check your SWM levels, if they are around 100 then your LNB, Wiring, and your splitter are all good. Then it will have to be your alignment. warped dish, bent arm, mast not plumb, or just not peaked right. Very easy to walk right off the 99 and 103 while still getting good 101 and 119.