1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 and 103 sat signal strength changes

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by gregftlaud, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    i was wondering if any of you guys have noticed a change in the signal strengths on the 99 and 103 sats the last few days.

i'm in ft lauderdale so i get my local hd's off the 99 sat.....transponder 2 and usually it has signal strengths in the 95-98 range. the 103 sat however i had been getting only signals in the 70's in the transponders i was able to get. i assumed that b/c i wasnt using the 103.

now i'm only getting low to mid 80's on the sat 99 on the transponder that beams my local hd's and now am able to get every transponder on the 103 satellite at between 95-100 signal strength.

we've had some bad storms down here so i was just wondering if anyone else had noticed this before i start thinking my dish was moved a bit from the bad storms. all other satellites are at the same signal strengths between 95-100. most are 100.

greg

2. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    The 99 and 103 are much more touchy to align than the other older sats.. so it wouldn't surprize me if your dish moved just a little..

3. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    well..i went up on the roof to give it a good yank to see if the storms loosened it up some and nothing. it wouldnt move at all....i mean it was sturdy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.