1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

99 degrees, no signal , bad LNB?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ARKDTVfan, Aug 31, 2012.

1. ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan Icon

May 19, 2003
    I don't think it's bad B-Band Converters because I can receive some HD (ie ESPNNews,ESPNU but channels such as ESPN,ESPN 2,HBO,HGTV are getting a 771 message, the SD feeds all work
    both 99C and 99S are all zeros on both tuners\
    my signals on other sats are in the 90s so I doubt my dish is out of alignment

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Do you have an SWM LNB (one coax from the dish) or conventional (4 coax)? If conventional, check connections, you could have a bad connector or connection on one of the coax.

3. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    It is quite possible to get signals in the 90s on other satellites and zero on 99.
    What are your 101 signals? There should be several 101 transponders at or near 100 for a correctly aligned dish...

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    are you getting any readings on the 103cb satellite?