1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A 30 second slip bug...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by matty8199, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matty8199

matty8199 Icon

Dec 4, 2005
    If you're closer than 30 seconds to the end of the program and press the 30 sec slip button, it goes back to the point where you were (or somewhere around there) - I literally could NOT get to live TV tonight, it kept jumping back (even when I used FFWD).

Seriously, who is doing the programming here? If any of us were this incompetent at our jobs, we would've been fired long ago...

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Weird...

I just tried it on both of my R15s, and I got the "Do you want to delete/keep dialog" on both systems.

Did you try to hit STOP, or play to get it out of 30s slip mode, or playback mode?

3. qwerty

qwerty Hall Of Fame

Feb 19, 2006
    Were you watching a recording, or were you in the buffer? Or, were you watching a recording that was still in the process of recording? If you were in the buffer, you could change the channel and the change back. That should do it.

4. matty8199

matty8199 Icon

Dec 4, 2005
    I was in the buffer for a show I was recording at the same time. Changing the channel didn't do it, still couldn't get back to live (it kept jumping back to the point from where I started the FFWD)...

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Hmm... I'll have to try that scenerio tonight.

6. cabanaboy1977

cabanaboy1977 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    I don't think this is a problem with the slip. I think it's the same issue with the "live" buffer we've had all along. If you exit MYVOD you are not able to rewind the "live" TV untill about 30 secs to a minute after. You lose that 30 secs to a min of the buffer. Also if you rewind and pause the buffer and then hit play it jumps foward a little and doesn't start playing from where you paused it. I think this also is the same issue with the skip back giving you the "do you want to delete" message. I think all these issues are do to some wrong with the way the unit handles the "live" buffer. I could be wrong but it just seems that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.