1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A BIG thank you to everyone here - re: install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by kevin86, Jun 17, 2010.

1. kevin86

kevin86 New Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I just wanted to post a message to Thank everyone for all of the info on this site. I had my install done on Monday by an AMAZING tech. The install went great. The only issue was that they didn't put "internet connection" on his work order so he didn't have a broadband DECA.

Anyways I called and they set me up for free to get the deca installed yesterday. Well a new tech got to my house and he was awful! Before he even got through the door he was saying "you are my customer now" "you call me now, not directv any more if you need anything".

He then went to put stickers on all of my remotes and on my TV!!!! With his phone number and company name on it. I calmly told him he better not do that.

He then said he was going to set up the internet connection but could only do it through the HD DVR and needed to run a long ethernet cable along the floor.

I then told him just give me a broadband deca and I'll show you how to do it. Then I just put a two way splitter near my router. hooked up the broadband deca. It was crazy because the On Demand populated IMMEDIATELY. He couldn't believe it and said I did something wrong because it should take 24 hours to populate.

So long story short, thanks for all of the info otherwise I would have lost MRV and would have been fixing this for days I'm sure.

2. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    :box: Go, Kevin!

You're the amazing one. Nice work. :righton:

3. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    What a jerk, I would never let anyone put labels or stickers on any of my equipment.

I got lucky with a great install when I first signed up and have done everything myself since then.

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    I hope that the second tech remembers the lesson he learned. And that he explains what he learned to his boss. But, that would probably get him fired. :)

5. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    You should stick your phone number on his truck, good job

6. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Stickers on the remotes and TV? Have'nt heard that before.

7. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Second person to mention stickers in a week now. :nono:

8. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I'd peel it off while they were watching. You aren't putting any friggin' stickers on my stuff, I know how much work it is to get it off.

9. bills976

bills976 Godfather/Supporter

Jun 30, 2002
    If you still have those stickers, it may behoove you to email the infromation to Ellen Filipiak (ellen.filipiak@directv.com).

I am sure her office would be very interested to know about HSPs who violate the rules.

10. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    :lol: Now that would have been a good use for some stickers!

11. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    @kevin86: it means a bunch to many here when someone takes time to say thank you, so thank you!

12. HerntDawg

HerntDawg Legend

Oct 6, 2008
    Oregon
    Im sure.