1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A DVD backup program that actually works

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Chris Blount, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
  2. cclement

cclement Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 22, 2004
    I use this program, DVD Shrink all the time. It's a really nice and easy program to use. I'd highly recommend it.

3. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    version 3.17 just came out am using it as we speak...

4. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Hmmmm.... something to look at when I install a DVD burner.

What I want to be able to do, as allowed under the copyright "fair use" clause, is to take a Anime DVD, force subtitles on, and select the Japanese audio track. Then, break the movie in two parts.

5. dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Mark get on doom 9.net, there are freeware programs that will let you do that. In fact that is where I get dvd shrink from.

6. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    I'm really thinking about a dvd writer to make copies of the dvds that my kids watch at home or in the van that end up on the floor with the dog stepping on them -- or taken to the babysitter that then get returned, loose, in their backpack or worse yet, in a lunchbox. I've got a couple dvds that are just trashed, even those fix it kits won't help.