1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

A&E Rebranding BIO Channel Into Lifestyles-Based Network

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Paul Secic, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
  2. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Just another reason I'm closer to cutting the cord. What will this be, the 15th lifestyle channel on cable now?

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I'm starting to wonder myself. We've just experienced a snow-turned-to-ice week and I couldn't safely get to my dish to clear it for a couple of days. Watched everything streaming via the internet directly from the network websites - even Leno's "Headlines" from Monday. This from that story makes me wonder:

I find it hard to believe there's much of a "younger and more modern sensibility" needing "linear" service. The "older and less modern sensibility" that now simply finds "linear" more convenient is soon going to want to quit spending their limited fixed income on cable/satellite. In case no one has noticed, the majority of "live plus same day viewers" became age 50+ viewers sometime back. Last year AARP had an article Who Needs Cable? 6 cheaper ways to watch great television shows which was far from complete and not well researched but may have been just the push some people needed.

Hey media conglomerates! Where's my AARP discount??? [​IMG]

4. jceman

jceman Legend

Aug 20, 2007
    North of...
    This topic title is totally misleading.

A&E owns Bio network, which is doing the reboot; this is abundantly clear if you actually read the link provided in the OP.

1 person likes this.
  5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Yep, it is important to read the story the link ties to. It's about the A&E media conglomerate telling us old folks we're not their audience of choice. Maybe someone can change the title to "A&E to reboot Bio."

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    How do I change the title?

7. May 9, 2014 #7 of 11
    dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    According to a local article about a show called "Rowhouse Showdown" that's being filmed here, the rebranding will be in July.

8. May 9, 2014 #8 of 11
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Thread title modified to more closely match linked article.

9. Jul 6, 2014 #9 of 11
    yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Goodby biography.

10. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    For Your Information?

Now why do I think there will be little real information on FYI?

11. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    We wanted to like Rowhouse Showdown, but they just annoy us.