1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

A final "I hate the switch" thread

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by MikeW, Nov 22, 2008.

1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    So I'm cleaning the office and tune into "70's on 7". Not Disco, 70's. The brainiacs at the new Sirius/XM office think that I would enjoy "Disco Saturday Night". Guess what...if I wanted to hear only obscure Disco, I'D TUNE TO THAT CHANNEL. So, now I have to endure the 80's on 8 with the MTV DJ's that I've grown to dislike soooo much.

I hope DirecTV drops these bums for somebody who knows how to program music. You'd think Sirius/XM could do this, but at this point, I think the guys at AOL Radio can program a station better than these yay-hoohs.

Oh...even worse...The "80's on 8" has the Saturday Night Dance Mix.....this is FUBAR and really horrendous!

What a bummer :(

2. David_NC

David_NC Mentor

Apr 13, 2007
    Many of us would, 'cept they cancelled both Sirius' and XM's disco channels. The 'Disco Saturday Night' that you're complaining about is what some of here, and many others, have been missing since the merger took place. I enjoyed the disco channels and hope they return. Be glad that you're only 'out' of non-disco '70's music a few hours on Saturday!

3. fattybear

fattybear New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    I have loved the various XM channels doing the oldies for the 60s, 70s, 80s, etc., but the Sirius changes suck. I'm getting into the True Oldies Channel these days. No schlock.

4. ub1934

ub1934 Icon

Dec 30, 2005
    UpState NY
    Same for me , i want my "Franks Place" or "High Standards" back . :mad: