1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good deal?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mrfantasy, Aug 2, 2010.

1. mrfantasy

mrfantasy New Member

Sep 2, 2006
    After one too many pixelated shows on our old DTV TiVos, I decided to call in and see what I could get.

For $150, I got: 2 HD DVRs,1 HD receiver, and Whole Home installation. I was happy when he said he could give me the DVRs for free, and the receiver for $49. I couldn't get him to cut the installation down, but I was hoping to pay no more than $150 so I wasn't going to complain too much. The CSR kept acting like he could keep finding me deals. I may have been able to push a little harder, but considering I haven't paid for any equipment since 2003 I thought I did alright.

I asked for the HR24s, and he said he would note it but couldn't guarantee. He also seemed to think that new whole home installs would get new equipment. And I got three free months of Showtime since it's my anniversary anyway.

He couldn't waive the HD fee right now, but he said that I could call back in and have it waived once the receivers were activated, since I was on auto-pay.

They're coming in Friday to install the new dish and the equipment. Which is good because I'm off then anyway.

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Sounds like a real good deal to me. A lot of people paid $150 just for Whole Home alone.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Demand Hx24s....Mike Greer said so!

Great deal, BTW. Also, welcome to a very helpful site!

4. john18

john18 Active Member

Nov 21, 2006
    It sounds like a great deal to me. The addition of the ICK/Whole Home improves your chances for HR24's & H24. Of course that isn't a promise.