1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

a little help please

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by o7RAVENS, Oct 7, 2013.

1. o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS Mentor

Oct 28, 2007
    Baltimore Md.
    I have a HR44 200 and when I change channels at the bottom of the screen across the bottom it says( to record this show press the redR on your remote) or something close to that. My question is how do I get rid of that, it stays on for about 9 seconds.

2. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    I can't remember the exact menu locations, but you can turn off recording tips, etc.

I always make sure I change my banner time to 2 seconds as well for the top banner, i hate that thing.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    the ONLY way to get rid of this message is to have AT LEAST two series links. there is no menu option to turn this off

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    I was about to suggest this as well as refer the TS to one of the recent long threads on this issue, but when I did a search for them they all seemed to pertain to the HR34, not the HR44 as the TS has, so wasn't sure.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    A little birdie told me that in the latest national release, this might finally be fixed -- turning off recording tips should turn off the Series Links on-screen display as well.

6. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
  7. o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS Mentor

Oct 28, 2007
    Baltimore Md.
    Thanks everyone for your help. This is what fixed it for me.
    Menu
    settings and Help
    settings
    Display
    Preferences
    Set recording tips to OFF-----------------------my latest download is OX741 Thurs.9/26 4.08A

After years with that AM20 700 THIS 44 IS THE BESTES

8. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Good to know!

We we see you in January??

:)

9. o7RAVENS

o7RAVENS Mentor

Oct 28, 2007
    Baltimore Md.