1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ABC announces mid-season schedule

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Nov 18, 2011.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    "Winter Wipeout" will replace the failed series "Charlie's Angels" until March 15 when "Missing," the new 13-episode drama starring Ashley Judd will premier.

On Tuesday, January 3, the comedy "Work It" replace "Man Up" which has had poor ratings.

And on Sunday at 10:00 "GCB", aka "Good Christian Belles" will replace "Pan Am."

The mid-season premiers schedule looks like this:

Monday, January 2
    8:00 The Bachelor

Tuesday, January 3
    8:30 “Work It
    9:00 “Celebrity Wife Swap”

Thursday, January 5
    8:00 “Winter Wipeout”

Friday, February 3

8:00 "Shark Tank”

Tuesday, February 7
    9:00 “The River

Sunday, March 4
    10:00 “GCB

Thursday, March 15
    8:00 “Missing

Monday, March 19
    8:00 “Dancing with the Stars”

Tuesday, March 27
    9:00 “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show”

But there are some puzzles. "Cougar Town" is missing. And so are newbies, including Shonda Rhimes' political drama "Scandal" starring Kerry Washington and "Apartment 23" starring Krysten Ritter, Dreama Walker and James Van Der Beek.

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    'Charlies Angels' was on ABC? From the quality of the show, I thought it was NBC.

3. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I thought it was "Good Christian Bitches"? Not surprised Pan Am will be gone though.

I was looking forward to the return of Cougar Town and Apartment 23, which I had heard got its name changed back to "Don't trust the bitch in apartment 23" but censored like "$*@% My Dad Says" was.

4. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    So, is PanAm cancelled or just in between seasons?

5. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    I like Pan Am, I can certainly live without it but hope it stays on for a little while.

6. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    From TheWrap via Reuters:
    Apparently this is the new way things get canceled. They show the episodes they've ordered and then go on hiatus until never. TVby theNumbers says:
    Regarding the name of "GBC" the show is based on a book "Good Christian Bitches".

TVby theNumbers says:
    Variety says the name of the show is "Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23" which will probably become "DTTBIA23".:sure:

Regarding "Cougar Town", James Hibbard of Inside TV says:

7. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    The Bachelor again? Same ole, same ole...some hot stud picks a gorgeous chick, they "fall in love" (cough, cough), then months later we read about in People magazine their drama-filled breakup. Puh-leeze! :rolleyes:

Kinda like that Southwest pilot Jake two Januarys ago who just couldn't stick with a girl to save his life. Uh, probably because he's gay (or so sayeth a bunch of gals and others with "inside" knowledge). :eek2: :lol:

8. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    MISSING INFO

You can watch the promo for Missing on YouTube, though Ashley Jubb sounds like she's half asleep while reading her lines. If you're willing to sit through a 30 minute panel discussion with Ashley and the production team, you might find this YouTube video interesting. Sounds like all 10 episodes were already done back in the summer.

It sounds like the show has been designed and packaged to be international-sales friendly, something often done in films, but rarely for TV shows.

9. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    hmmmm, all very interesting. Thanks for the info Phrelin.

10. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It's strange that the Cougar Town cast is doing all the walk-ons on other shows (I saw the blonde chick on the last episode of Happy Endings - weird since that show might have kicked them to the curb), and then gets their episode number reduced.

11. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    At least the kids have Winter WipeOut to look forward to.

As for the rest of the ABC line-up, I pass!

12. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    She's been in the background on other shows too. She, and the kid from Cougar Town, were in the crowd of an episode of Community last year. And Abed, from Community, was in the background of a Cougar Town episode too.

13. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, the entire cast of Cougar Town will be on many shows as extras.

14. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    TVline.com is big fans of Cougar Town and Community and has an article listing all the recent appearances of Cougar Town on other shows, with photos.

Cougar Town is one of my favorite shows, so I'm not happy it will be delayed. When it comes back, though, don't look for it to still be called Cougar Town. Even though they had fun playing with the stupid name during the show credits it's supposed to be renamed for the next season...

15. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    ABC isn't letting them rename it, that's why they make fun of themselves in the opening credits. It's also what they get for picking a name that went with a story line and then dropping that story line, but I can live with it.

16. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    I haven't read anything recent about the name change, but as of early September Bill Lawrence and company were still planning on changing the name.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/cougar-town-name-change-for-season-3/

17. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Last year one of the opening titles said something like "We're not allowed to be anything but Cougar Town" or "We're not allowed to change our name from Cougar Town". Then sometime last month I read an article that was an interview with Courtney Cox and she said it would still be Cougar Town per ABC's request. Apparently all the new suggested titles were denied by ABC. She wants it to be "Friends With Beverages". I guess she's still clinging on to Friends. :lol:

18. Drew2k

Drew2k DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 16, 2006
    Yeah, I'd be OK with that! I love the title "Friends with Beverages" - it's a great take on the "with Benefits" glut of titles, so it's both funny and appropriate for this show!

Too bad ABC got cold feet on it. I guess they're worried that if they change the name people won't find it again? Oh wait, this is the same company that is delaying it's next season until who knows when...go figure!

19. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    Okay, here's the plan - tomorrow night at 8:29 pm, 7:29 central we all make absolutely positively sure no one is tuned to ABC. Whatever you do, avoid this channel at all costs - you could burn your eyes out or your brain might even explode.

Don't say you haven't been warned. ;)

20. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I keep thinking Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis in Billy Wilder's "Some Like It Hot" (1959). Perhaps I have too high expectations?:sure: