1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ABC cancels Ugly Betty

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by trdrjeff, Jan 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
  2. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    These sorts of shows usually have short shelf lives - three seasons is pretty typical and this one lasted for four, so it's had a good run. Here's hoping we see some of these talented actors on other new shows soon.

3. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We tried, but quit watching during season 2. Just couldn't get into it.

4. 4120 woodrow ct

4120 woodrow ct AllStar

Oct 12, 2009
    Thank God. Think of all the girls with low self esteem that watched that show and are slightly to more less attractive than Betty, but never thought they were ugly before ABC put a defined label on ugly...

5. djzack67

djzack67 Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    really going to miss this show

6. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Didn't even know this show was still on the air. I guess I am not the only one.. and that's why it was canceled.

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    It was actually pretty fresh and funny for a couple years... I stopped watching about a year and a half ago when they started recycling plots from earlier episodes.

8. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Yes, the show jumped the shark a while ago when they started to dress Betty up fashionably. And now there are zero love interests/sexual tension anywhere to be found. It's a mess, but so refreshing with such snappy dialog that's it's worth following to the grave. What's the deal, I know they have a new finale show for April something. Is it all reruns until then???