1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ABC trying to resurrect "Body of Proof"

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Oct 24, 2013.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Last year ABC thought "Body of Proof" with a 2.0/6 - 11 rating average last year was just not worth keeping. Now that they've cancelled "Lucky 7" with its 0.8/2 - 2.81, and this week "Nashville" had a huge 1.6/4 - 5.52, "Revenge" a 1.5/4 - 6.16 and "Betrayal" a 0.9/2 - 3.51, there seems to be a move to resurrect "Body of Proof" which was produced by ABC Studios.

Now I admit I was puzzled by the cancellation as it was all money going to the Disney empire, but hey, what do I know? Well now we are told:

I'm beginning to think I could sit here at my computer and do a better job of scheduling for some networks than the people wondering around their offices.

When you read what Nellie Andreeva reports in the article about the California tax credits the studio got for this show....

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Was beginning to not liking the show as the lead character changed from being generally a nice person to a semi-all-knowing bitch with zero charm.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I think you missed the point. Meagan Hunt started the show as a professionally disgraced and personally bitter doctor that was very close to the way you've come to see her.

From IMDB:
    The part that I found odd was that Hunt was so often in high heels doing her investigations (Delaney is 5'7", Ryan is 5'8").

1 person likes this.
  4. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I actually found that she got more "human" as the show progressed, not less. They wrote the story lines involving digging into her father's suicide and her daughter's kidnapping - deliberately to make us see her as more mufti-dimensional and to see the roots of her cold personality.

And I could NEVER walk in those shoes, let alone wear them all day. But I greatly enjoyed seeing what outfits and shoes she was wearing each episode.

5. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I liked "Body Of Proof" although it did get a little odd the last season. Wouldn't mind seeing it come back on the air.

Can we get BBC America to bring back Copper, too? ;-)

6. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    This Dana Delaney vehicle most likely grew out of an appearance on Castle, where she played an FBI agent. In that episode, she very convincingly proved to ABC once again that she is a formidable talent and could carry her own show. The character was pretty formidable as well. Not a lot of mid-50's actresses get to headline a show for a major network these days, but then most of those who try are not Dana Delaney.

Being a huge fan, I wanted to like BOP, but the rest of the cast was pretty terrible and the scripts were also pretty terrible. They made some additions the next season that improved things a bit, but by then I was no longer interested. I felt that DD was completely wasted in a bush-league show, which is almost tragic seeing as how she has the charisma and chops to be headlining a top show.

Castle is a top show, and IMHO one of the best written character-driven procedurals out there, and consistently so now for many seasons. The combination of the Castle production team and a talent like DD was an obvious match made in heaven, and it seemed that if they fronted a show with her in it and gave it the same level of interest and creative talent that Castle has, that it could be a runaway hit. So, It seems unfortunate that DD was saddled with an inferior product. It is really too bad that the producers of Castle or someone of that level of talent could not have produced BOP.

BTW, that is one of the worst titles for a show I can think of. They may think each word has a double meaning and therefore is significant, but it really means nothing at all, and is just lame.

7. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Oh, OK. I just got the joke in the thread title. Good one.