1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

? about new contract/receivers

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by akw4572, Jun 26, 2013.

1. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    I happily came back to DTV about 4 months ago, and received a Genie (34), and two clients. I had some guests in my house at the time, who had sold their house too early before a new house was completed. I had one of the clients set up into their bedroom. They are moving out next month. If I call DTV and want to only disable one of the clients, and send it back, will I get flak for violating the contract? I didn't even think of that when I had it set up.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    No, the contract only states that you must keep the "basic" service for 24 consecutive months, even if it means downgrading to one box

1 person likes this.
  3. akw4572

akw4572 Legend

Sep 7, 2005
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    You are most welcome