1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

? about the HR23 HD DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Digitalrain, Nov 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Digitalrain

Digitalrain Cool Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Hi all,
    Im a bit confused. I ordered a HR23 HD DVR unit and was told it needed B-band converters which i ordered too. Ive been reading and find some info says it dont need the converters - so does it or doesnt? -- I have a slimline 5 none Swm LNB. just regular 5 sat Lnb.

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    It doesn't need them in a non SWM environment. HR20-22 and 24 do.

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The 23s are the only receivers that use a wide-band SAT tuner chip. So there isn't any need for the BBCs, as the tuner chip does the same function.

4. Digitalrain

Digitalrain Cool Member

Aug 23, 2004
    OKay, thanks for the info - guess ill have to find someone to sell the b-bands to when i get them. Thanks again. :)

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    The chip in H[R]23 is BCM4507.

6. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I would tuck them away on a shelf or in a drawer someplace in the event that HR23 ever gets replaced with some other HR2x model that would need them. They are free for the asking from DirecTV, so not much market for them.