1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by pmjones, Oct 26, 2012.

1. pmjones

pmjones AllStar

Aug 3, 2012
    So I have been watching the PPV list via mydish.com, waiting on this movie (DVD came out Tuesday). Nothing yet, but then I get the Dish e-mail for the PPV lineup today and hey, a pic of ALVH is shown on the list. So I go back over to mydish.com to order and . . . . it is not there.

Anyone know the story and how we can find out if/when this will pop up?

2. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    Consider yourself fortunate. I was stupid enough to pay for it in a movie theater. It really and truly sucks. :nono:

3. pmjones

pmjones AllStar

Aug 3, 2012
    Pun intended?

At least I am not asking about 'Battleship'. :grin:

4. olds403

olds403 Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    Granted it wasn't as good as the book (they never are) but I thought they did a pretty good job with this movie compared to most that are based on books. The movie was a little different, with more action at the end but it wasn't bad.

5. pmjones

pmjones AllStar

Aug 3, 2012
    My question is actually a little grander (in scope) than just this particular movie ~ why is it that (most often) Dish seems to have the movie the same day as DVD, but other times (such as appears to be with ALVH), there is this mysterious 'waiting period' after the DVD release before it shows up?

6. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    Wasn't Abraham Lincoln just in a zombie movie......? Now I know I'm getting old...:rolleyes:

7. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Wait for the next one in the series.

8. dakeeney

dakeeney Legend

Aug 29, 2004
    :goofygrin
    Hey...I kinda enjoyed ALVH

9. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I thought it was not too bad. I know want to see the Abe zombie movie.

10. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Depends on the studios/what contract Dish has with them. Notice Avengers isn't on PPV/VOD yet either?

11. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is currently available via VOD only. I personally haven't seen it, buy friends who have said they thought it was interesting. If you like movies like Army of Darkness and the like this might be one you would want to see.

As for Battleship, I watched it last weekend because I was bored and I didn't think it was as bad as I had originally thought it would be. It was entertaining and the graphics were very good.

12. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    And by disk from Blockbuster. Mine arrived today :)

13. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I really need to get on and update my queue. I have let it get all the way down to 25 movies.