1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptable signal strength on 103(b)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by jacobp, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobp

jacobp Legend

Dec 22, 2003
    I am experiencing severe audio dropouts on my HR20 on some of the new National HD channels where my AV receiver indicates that the show is recorded in Dolby Digital. Specifically, I get an audio dropout randomly but on average about every 15 seconds. When I hit the "Backspace/Replay" button, however, the audio that had dropped out, now plays just fine. So the DVR is recording the audio, but the dropouts occur on original playback. I've tried a menu reset with no change in the issue.

I have seen suggestions to check the signal strength on 103(b). My signals are routinely in the mid 70s to mid 80s on both tuners. Is this sufficient or should I have DTV come out and realign???

Thanks.

2. jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    aligned, if you have the protection plan, have them come and align it with a meter that supports Ka band. Most seem to use the older Accutrac which only supports Ku band. Bird Dog, and Accutrac III support Ka band. My 103 get's 90's and a few @ 100%, but I had to align the dish myself. Some transponders read 0 because they are not turned on or for your market.

3. MiaLur

MiaLur New Member

Jun 4, 2007
    I've been having the same problem for a month or more. I am in the Atlanta area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.