1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Accessing LIST with no programming???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by MONSTERMAN, Jul 12, 2008.

1. MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Crystal Bay...
    Hello,
    I've seen this thread in here before but I couldn't remember the answer and I can't find the thread.

I put my HR21-700 in suspension and still want to watch a few things on the list but I can't access the list. It says DVR service not activated, also three separate technical service agent guys from DIRECTV said you must have DVR service activated. :mad:

DIRECTV tech agents also said the same thing about my R15-500, but I can access the list with that receiver (DIRECTV agents said it's a fluke).:nono:

QUESTION: Is there some trick to accessing the LIST when you don't have any programming (temporarily in suspension). There must be a way, I mean it is stored on the hard drive...

Thanks

2. K4SMX

K4SMX Hall Of Fame

May 19, 2007
    I think you need to put the LIST on screen, put the receiver on a UPS, disconnect the antennas before you put it in suspension, and never turn it off.....:)

You can have 2 suspension per year. Is it worth "unsuspending" it for a month's bill to try that? Maybe not.....

3. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    if you unsuspend remember that to suspend again you will need to have your amount due to 0. as far as i know you have to have dvr service active.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    What might have happened is that your receiver was connected when you had it removed from service. When you do that, DirecTV sends a signal down to the receiver to shut it down and makes accessing any recordings impossible. You need to disconnect your receiver from the dish prior to having the receiver deactivated in order to be able to watch old recordings on it.

- Merg

5. EricJRW

EricJRW Icon

Jul 6, 2008
    Keller, TX
    That makes sense... Signal can shut the box down... Remove cable, block signal... Until the timer expires (see linkage).

Will these DVRs play back without a satellite hookup? <--- linkage

6. MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    Crystal Bay...
    Damn I was thinking that. Thanks Merg. You think they will let me unsuspend for a few minutes to disconnect my cables then suspend again telling them my dilemma. If not, I guess I'll have to unsuspend again for an hour then re suspend (will be the second and last time I'll have to do it). I shouldn't be charged for the whole month since I don't owe any monies right? Now I remember I had the R15-500 not hooked up, crap.