1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Account Credits/Unable to Take NFL Sunday

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by lman12, Jul 8, 2010.

1. lman12

lman12 AllStar

May 23, 2007
    I have been a Directv customer since March 1996 (Acct #51XXXX) and have always had what is now the Premier package with HD access, protection plan, DVR service and most of the Sports packages...until now. I was recently laid off and had to make some changes. It just so happens I am out of contract and Directv was kind enough to put some credits on my account (e.g., $20 off/6 mos...etc.). I have downgraded my account to the minimum and stress that my account always has been and is current.

I have been a NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber since 1996 but decided I would not subscribe this year because of my current finances. I called Directv when I noticed I was charged 49.99 for the Ticket and 9.99 for the Sat Go (NFL Mobile) on this month's bill. I called to have the Sunday Ticket charges taken off my bill but after a week the charges are still on my account and I have been shifted from the regular CSRs to the Billing Dept. to escalation and now to the finance dept, all without removing the NFL Sunday Ticket and Sat to go charges from my account.

I was told because of the credits issued to my account the Sunday Ticket charges couldn't be taken off! This is stupid. The NFL Sunday Ticket/Sat To Go mobile charges are NOT credits but charges and should be easily taken off my account. I am waiting for a call back from finance to hopefully fix this problem but if it persists what are my options? Is there someone I can call or send an e-mail to at Directv to fix this issue? With everything going on right now I don't want to waste a lot of time on this matter but I want it to get resolved.

2. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    Possibly the credits you have gotten were given you based upon the fact that you were a ST subscriber.

I'm sure someone will post Ellen Filipiak's email address shortly.

3. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
  4. xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    It's not that complicated and doesn't need to go to ellen's address. ask to cancel premium services, then tell the premium rep that you need to have NFL ST removed and credited back. If they still give you a hard time, ask for their supervisor.

5. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    C'mon...really? For this? :rolleyes:

6. gpg

gpg Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Long Island
    The OP asked whom he could contact if the problem persisted. I answered his question. What's wrong with that?

7. xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    What's wrong is that it's not really necessary to escalate this to a corporate email for something this trivial. Any premium agent, or for that matter any supervisor can fix this issue in about 25 seconds flat.

That being said, I understand you were trying to help.. but seriously.. handing out her email left and right as seems to be happening lately (not saying its you) ends up using the time/resources of her office, which could be better spent on customers who REALLY DO need her office's assistance for something.

8. raott

raott Hall Of Fame

Nov 23, 2005
    Reread his email. He says he's been to three departments and none have been willing to take it off.

9. lman12

lman12 AllStar

May 23, 2007
    I am the OP; my issue (trying to cancel NFL ST and NFL mobile (Sat To Go) has been resolved and without contacting Ellen's office. I was shuttled from department to department (Billing, Accounts, Finance) and several supervisors over several days but finally a supervisor in Finance removed the NFL ST and Sat To Go from my account.

I really hate canceling NFL ST ticket because I have had it since 1996. I have been laid off and have incurred some unexpected financial issues and have had to cut back. I hope I can resolve the finance issue prior to the start of the NFL season because I will go crazy without the ticket.