1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ACER Drivers & Chipset

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by SeaBeagle, Apr 15, 2012.

1. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    Thought that I installed the correct chipset for the ACER mentioned in the subject line. After installing the chipset the keyboard and mouse did not work.

Using Windows XP home edition.

I downloaded the chipset from the ACER web page.

Since I reinstalled Windows the mouse and keyboard are working fine.

Here is what has that question mark in the device manager.

Network Controller
    Other PCI bridge devices
    PCI Device
    SM Bus Controller
    Unknown Device
    Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

I have the correct drivers for the Video Controller and the Audio. I was told to install the chipset first before any of the drivers.

The first picture is the ACER Driver web page address.

Attached Files:

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Looks to me like the wrong driver for the motherboard. If you can, look on the motherboard and see what brand/model it is...then search for the drivers for that motherboard, rather than going by what the computer model is.

Bios might show that info as well.

3. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    I have no idea how to even take this computer apart. I do not want to risk making the computer not work at all.

Do I need the chipset I order to make the network controller work or I'd there a driver for this? I did not see a driver for this on the web page.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Opening the system wouldn't risk breaking it, but it can be hard to find the identification.

Try installing this
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

On the main board tab, what does it say for chipset? Then the graphics tab for the video card?

5. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    Once I get Windows XP Professional installed I will check this. I am hoping Professional has all the drivers that I need.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I don't know of any driver inclusion differences between the editions.

7. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I don't believe there is between XP Home and XP Professional.

- Merg

8. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    Here is a picture of the computer information.

Attached Files:

9. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
  10. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Everything looks like you have a nForce 410 chipset, these are drivers for it, latest I found on their site.

11. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    The file worked great. I wish I knew how to find these fils. Now all I need to do is install the audio and video drivers which should be simple to locate on the ACER driver page.

Thank you for all of your help. I am going to defiantly feel these files in case I need them again.