1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acquiring an Upgraded Receiver Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Italia, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Italia

Italia Godfather

Dec 8, 2008
    I recently had a receiver upgraded in November. Now, I am replacing a television in my house. That receiver is not HD but is a DVR. I would like to get an HD/DVR receiver. But, is D* going to charge me because I already got an upgrade on another receiver a couple months ago? Thanks!

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    The answer is most likely yes as the most they've given new installs is 1 free HD-DVR.

Somewhere between 99 and 199.

3. turey22

turey22 Hall Of Fame

Jul 30, 2007
    They will, i doubt they will give it to you at 99 dollars but you never know. If your a loyal cusotmer you can get the install waived but you will probably have to pay 199 plus install 99 dollars and 1995 s&h.

4. Italia

Italia Godfather

Dec 8, 2008
    That's what I was afraid of turey. My old tv went, I purchased a new one. A very nice one at that. I can't afford to splash down more cash. But I hate to see a beauty sitting there without HD. It's like having a Ferrari but just letting sit in the driveway and never driving it. :(

5. SledDog

SledDog Icon

May 5, 2007

But at least you can sit in the Ferrari and pretend you are driving... Kinda hard to watch a SD signal and pretend you are watching HD...

Have you though about get a non-DVR HD receiver?

6. icethegreat

icethegreat Mentor

Jan 7, 2009
    FYI
    I spoke to a rep last night and I asked him the same question. ( I have an HD box but I want a HD-DVR now, btw im a first time dtv customer) Anyways he said its best to wait 3 months after you upgrade because they will charge you an extra 'upgrade fee' for changing out your box within that 3 month period! :D

7. MartyS

MartyS New Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Also, there will most likely be a 2 year extension of your commitment to D*