1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

acquiring satelite signal screen still on when I wake up

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by packerfan31, Aug 21, 2009.

1. packerfan31

packerfan31 AllStar

Oct 14, 2008
    When I wake up in the morning a couple times in the last two weeks the acquiring satelite screen is still up. The weather is good. It doesn't acquire the satelite after nightly reboot. I unplugged and then plugged back in and it fixed it and I got my programming back as anyone else experienced that. Could the nightly update cause it to lock up or something in middle of night.

2. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I'd call Dish and report the problem. They can do some troubleshooting with you to determine possible solutions.

3. kwd57

kwd57 Cool Member

Jul 31, 2002
    I have had the same problem on my 625 and there are other posts on this same issue, but I have not heard of anyone getting it fixed. Dish came out a few times and replaced every part,( some more than once) and it will still do it, so I gave up on dish fixing It, since I don't use the 622 as much as my 722, which has never done it. It does seem to happen after after the nightly download.

4. SkipperTW

SkipperTW Mentor

Jan 23, 2008
    I also had the same issue on my 722 after a software update. I had to disconnect my external drive and all was fine. Had to wait for next software update and it was fixed. Not sure why.