1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acutrac 22 meter question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Tron, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Tron

Tron Mentor

Mar 28, 2003
    Quick question for anyone who uses the Acutrac 22 MKII Pro:

I just got this in the mail and let it charge the 14 hours it requires to start fresh. I then was going to do a simple test with a DTV32+ LNB on a 18" dish. I actually had the LNB inside and hooked it up and the Acutrac (only battery power, no rcvr) immediately displayed a reading of 42.3. Uhm, it's just a 3ft section of RG6 going from the port on the DTV32+ direct to port1 of the acutrac...in the house, no dish! It also displays 140ma. Is this normal??

Just for fun I did the same thing with a legacy Dish LNB and got the same thing and got a 35 reading with 166ma. Again, this is inside, no dish, just the lnb hanging off.

Thanks... just want to know if this is normal before starting any real peaking with the new slimline dish.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    LNB is a low noise block AMPLIFIER if there wasn't some signal your LNB isn't working.

3. Tron

Tron Mentor

Mar 28, 2003
    Thanks for the reply! Ok, good to know this is normal behavior... I guess I was expecting a reading of maybe 10 or under for normal 'background noise'. Time to start peaking!