1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AcutracIII+

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by BennyGregg, Apr 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    I've gotten definitive answers about the AcutracIII+ meter and its SWM compatibility.

The bottom line, according to the information I have from Perfect 10, is this:
    1) The AcutracIII+ is compatible with SWM to the extent that it can give signal strength readings from 101 and 119. You can use an ASL-1 to connect to the LNB, or a regular power passing splitter.
    2) A firmware download is available which only labels the strength reading with "SWM".
    3) The AcutracIII+, with or without the firmware update mentioned in 2) can not give strength readings on 99 and 103 from a SWM LNB.

The above based on e-mails from MeterSupport@perfect-10.tv:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Attached is firmware to add the SWM mode to your menu.
    Your meter will work on SWM without this firmware, you will see the 101 signal on top bar & 119 signal on middle bar, the firmware merely labels them as such.
    Keep in mind that the AcutracIII will not power the SWM by itself, you need to use a SWM splitter, with the power passing port going to the SWM power inserter.
    I asked: Your explanation seems to say that in SWM mode the AcutracIII+ loses capability to get strength readings from 99 and 103; is this correct?

That is correct about 99/103, as the SWM LNB down & up coverts all the frequencies into the swm channels and therefore the meter is unable to isolate 99/103.