1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adaware 6.0 Pro and AdWatch

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Sandman, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    Anyone here using this program and having trouble shutting down your computer, I am using it with XP home and every time I shut down I have to do it twice, I click start, turn off computer then shutdown, it won't shutdown until I do it again, this started with Adaware, If I remove the program the computer functions normally

Bob

2. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Have you applied any patches to the Adware SW? The download may be v 6.0 and there might be a 6.x patch downloaded seperately (I'm just guessing)???

3. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I have AAW6 Pro running on WIN98SE and all is fine, and my buddy runs it on his WINXP HP and he hasn't said anything about it.

4. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    Thanks, I have it running on 2 machines and both are doing the same. The last time I shut down I watched carefully, on the first shutdown ad watch closes on the next shutdown xp closes.

Bob

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Ad Are 6.0 has the capabilty to downlaod and install patches. Check your configuration.

6. blue

blue Cool Member

Jan 23, 2003
    One of my home systems runs XP HE & and Adaware 6.0 w/latest 'upgrades'. I've never encountered a problem:shrug:

7. firephoto

firephoto Icon

Sep 12, 2002
    What else are you running on the two computers? Perhaps it's another program that is on both that is causing a conflict.
    Zone Alarm or an anti virus could cause a problem like this.

8. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    I'm running both ZoneAlarm and Norton AV

Bob