1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Add OTA locals feature still unavailable

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by LtMunst, Apr 25, 2013.

1. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    Here we are at S309 and still the add OTA locals function is not yet available. Without that the OTA functionality is crippled for those of us with multi-direction signals. What is the holdup on this?

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Do you have the OTA module connected to your Hopper? Please let me know. Thanks.

3. LtMunst

LtMunst Hall Of Fame

Aug 24, 2005
    Yes, I have the OTA module. Works great for 1 set of stations, but there is not way to switch the antenna direction and pickup another market without doing a complete channel re-scan each time. The Add OTA Locals button exists....but when selected I just get a message saying "Feature Coming Soon."

4. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I'm getting the same message on our Hopper here. I do not have an update on this feature but I will inquire about its availability in the future. Thanks.

5. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    The button has been there since day one of the OTA USB tuner release. Its like the programmers planned to make this button work but forgot about it. I really need it please. I have OTA stations to the north and also to the south. Adding the ones to the south is hard as they are not that strong. If I could manually add em, I could. This is what the button is for.

6. 722921

722921 Legend

Jan 3, 2008
    Is this also related to not being able to selectively delete some OTA channels?

7. 257Roberts

257Roberts New Member

May 7, 2013
    South Alabama
    I may not be understanding the original question, but I installed the OTA dongle on my new Hopper w/Sling last night, all channels scanned and was able to selectively delete (hide) some OTA channels that I did not want. Used the Parental Control menu just like the SAT channels to hide them. I get a lot more guide info with the Hopper OTA channels than I did on my old 622 DVR.

8. 722921

722921 Legend

Jan 3, 2008
    That may be a good work around, but you used to be able to remove the ones you didn't want by using the 'delete' button in the OTA menu, which is now grayed out and unavailable.
    As to the original question, I think both adding and deleting channels are now crippled.

9. sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    This works great if a single scan picks up all the channels you get. But for people with antenna rotors and distant signals, they may receive some channels with the antenna pointed in one direction, and other channels with the antenna pointed in a different direction, but no way to receive all the channels at the same time. What is lacking is the ability to add channels without doing a rescan, and rescans remove the previously found channels.