1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding 2nd Joey

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by StringFellow, Dec 20, 2012.

1. StringFellow

StringFellow AllStar

Jan 5, 2012
    I currently have 2 Hoppers and one Joey. I am adding a new tv to my house and I would like to add a 2nd Joey to my account. I know there is an extra monthly cost for the 2nd Joey. Does anyone know what the one time cost is for a leased Joey?

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    should be $99, or $49. $7 a month fee.

3. StringFellow

StringFellow AllStar

Jan 5, 2012
    Well my call to Dish customer service wasn't fruitful. I was told I had 2 options:

1. Free Joey, technician would require a visit to the house, renew 24 month contract.

2. Visit local retailers such as Best Buy, RadioShack, etc. and purchase one.

Well no local BB, RadioShack, etc. carry standalone Joeys and I don't want to renew my contract to add a 2nd Joey to my account.

Are there other options or suggestions?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
  5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Or PM a DIRT member and see if you can get the 24 month restart waived.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Question... why the resistance to renew the 24 month agreement?

I ask because... you can't be very far into your current 24 month agreement since the Hopper/Joey is fairly new to the public... what was it March release? So even if you were one of the first installed, you would only be 9 months at most into a 24 month agreement.

To me it would be worse the 9 month "reset" back to 24 to get a free installation... assuming that you must generally be happy with the setup to be considering purchasing one.

7. j_t

j_t Cool Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I have 1 hopper and 1 joey. I just added another Joey through Dish Support and it cost me $65, and renewed the 24 month agreement, and I had to sign up for $7 a month protection plan to avoid the $95 service call. Wow, I think that I was ripped off.

8. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Actually that's a good price.