1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding a 722 to a SD subscription

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dynomonkey, Mar 6, 2010.

1. dynomonkey

dynomonkey Mentor

Feb 20, 2009
    Can I sell my(owned) 722 to a buddy and let him add it to his SD subscription? He has a 522 that's going bad. Would this renew his contract? Or does the contract only renew when you change plans? ie add HD, upgrade?

2. fryguy503

fryguy503 Legend

Sep 3, 2009
    You can Xfer equipment if the following is met:

The Transferrer must have an account with a Current balance at $0.
    Must be listed as purchased receiver in the system.
    Must be another receiver on the account if the account is still active.

The Transferee Must not have more then 6 rcvrs already on the account.

If that is met you can xfer easily, would be best to make the call when both of you are there to verify both accounts info. The reciver will become part of his account but can be xfered again if the above are met. It will cause his bill to change depending on services and amount of recivers.

It will Not sign him into a contract, and he is not required to get HD channels. However if he has HD available locals he will get those at no charge if he is pointed at those orbits that supply them.

3. dynomonkey

dynomonkey Mentor

Feb 20, 2009
    Worked great!! I know you probably don't believe it, but I found a CS that was helpful!!

4. fryguy503

fryguy503 Legend

Sep 3, 2009
    Glad it went well! There were a few of us out there that actually tried. Then they laid us off :sure: