1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Adding a Box in a different area

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by newguy4000, Nov 7, 2008.

1. newguy4000

newguy4000 New Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Hi, I am moving from Minnesota to North Carolina and took one of my satellite boxes with me. It seems like every channel works fine except for the local channels. I wanted the local channels from Minnesota but they don't come in. Does anyone have any idea why these don't and/or how to fix them??
    thanks

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Your local channels were fed to you via "spot" beams which only cover the area where you lived.

Wecome to DBSTalk!

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
  4. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Once you officially change your service address, you will get the proper local channels for your new location. As others have noted, there are both technical and legal reasons why you can't get another city's local chanels.

Carl

5. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    +1 and remember all rcvrs must be at the same address