1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Adding a DVR Box as second causes cutting out

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by kCKFLY, Apr 12, 2012.

1. kCKFLY

kCKFLY New Member

Apr 12, 2012
    I had a single TV box in my system (HD) and the system worked fine. I added a DVR two TV box and it set up fine but now both boxes will cause the system to cut in and out. The message I get talks about card not authorized and this is on both boxes TV's. Both boxes are authorized. If I disconnect the DVR the single works fine again. I did not try disconnecting the single to see if the DVR box worked okay. Dish said they think it is the switch, but that tests fine. Could it be the spliter? I check with someone else who has the same set up and they have the exact same switch and splitter with no issues. Sorry I don't have more specifics at this time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. Wire Nut

Wire Nut Legend

Apr 6, 2012
    You need a separate line from the dish for each receiver box. What it sounds like is you've attempted to put a splitter in your sat feed and connect 2 receivers with one line from the dish. This will not work. Which 2 dvr receivers do you have? 722 and 612? This is the best diagram I could find, hopefully it helps:
    [​IMG]
    The separators are important, ignore the diplexers and tv2 if each receiver is for only 1 tv. In summary, 2 lines from the dish, 2 separators, and you should be in business assuming you have the correct lnb. If you feel you're in over your head call dish network and schedule a technician visit, which may even be free.