1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding additional recievers

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by jasonk, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonk

jasonk Guest

Hi everybody! I've had dish for a 1 1/2 now and I've been very happy. I sign up under the free dish offer. I want to add service on 2-3 additional tvs. What's the best way to do this. I was told price out be 100 bucks per extra reciever. 300 bucks, ouch!! The CSR also told me I could cancel my service for 3 months, and sign back up under DHP for 3 tvs. Any advice???

2. TonyM

TonyM Banned User

Aug 14, 2003
    Once your a dish customer, you cant get the "new customer" promos, so the rep was wrong.

Need some more info
    How many receivers do you have now?
    What is your setup (SuperDish, Dish500, Sw64)

Is it possible for you to piggyback a couple of tv's off one receiver....remember, its 4.99 per extra receiver added. I have one receiver running 2 TV's for example.

We can give you a little more advice....we just need to know a little more about your setup :)

3. jasonk

jasonk Guest

No problem. I have a DISH 500 dish, one 301 and a SW-21 switch.

4. wickedtao

wickedtao Guest

Dec 13, 2003

sign up for direct tv and get a three room installed for free plus a free TIVO unit.

Or use that as a bargaining point with the CSR.

Or inquire about getting the "dishin it out like new" promotion where you get 301 recievers that are refurbished but for only $60 instead of $100

or have someone else who lives there sign up as a new customer with dish network and get 3 receivers free.

5. jasonk

jasonk Guest

Would I need a different switch to add more recievers??

6. TonyM

TonyM Banned User

Aug 14, 2003
    Yes
    If your LNB's are dual and you want to add one receiver (making it 2 total) you can add another SW64. But if you plan on getting more receivers or a receiver that is DIshPro capable (510, 811, 921), just upgrade your LNB to a Dishpro Quad. That will give you 4 outputs and you dont have to worry about those switches.

7. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Or just put up another dish. That is sometimes cheaper than a quad that has four outputs. You can get used receivers of the refurbs for $59 just as wickedtao mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.