1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding New Local HD Off-Air Channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by hayseed99, Jan 2, 2009.

1. hayseed99

hayseed99 Cool Member

Dec 14, 2006
    I know this has already been discussed, but I can't find a post that relates to my issue. I have a HR20-100 and get all my local channels via off-air antenna, as Direct Tv does not carry my locals in HD. Our local Fox affiliate has finally added digital. For the past couple of years I have had to use the tuner in my TV to watch this one station and wasn't able to use my dvr to record anything. I now would like to be able to watch this station using my HR20, but the new station does not show up in the guide. I have re-setup the off air antenna, but it won't add the new channel. What do I do?? Thanks,

Rick

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Contact both DirecTV and that local station. They'll have to get this new station added to the Guide Data stream.

3. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    Don't waste your time contacting DirecTV! You need to contact the station and Tribune Media (who provides DirecTV with the listings).
    If this is a new station, it can take a couple of weeks for the data to make it's way through the system.

4. hayseed99

hayseed99 Cool Member

Dec 14, 2006
    OK, I'll contact the local station. How do I contact Tribune Media? The new digital sub stations show up on antennaweb, so does that mean that Tribune already has them? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for all the answers. ;o)

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/zap-feedback,0,6935396.story

6. John4924

John4924 Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    I have had success in contacting Kenneth Carter at Tribune...

khcarter@tribune.com

As others have said, don't waste your time with directv...

7. hayseed99

hayseed99 Cool Member

Dec 14, 2006
    Thanks, I'll contact Tribune. BTW Bob, My wife taught at Bainbridge Island high school for one year about 20 years ago. Thanks for the help.

Rick