1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Adjusting my dish

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Johnboat, Sep 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Johnboat

Johnboat AllStar

Nov 25, 2006
    Is it hard to adjust the 5lmb dish? I've only got a signal for local channels, I've lost my signal for everything else. I called directtv and they want $50 from someone to come out and adjust it. Any advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    There's a video on the solidsignal.com website for setting up the 5LNB dish.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  4. awblackmon

awblackmon Legend

May 20, 2009
    Find an installer and offer him $20 and soda. I know I would do it if someone made me that offer.

5. baddawgg

baddawgg New Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Simple question. I have a 5LNB dish (Slimline)and the LNB has four type F ports on it. Do I install 75 ohm terminayors on the unused ports?

6. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    no