1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe document and clipboard

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Sandman, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    Guess I have to show my ignorance, I have a lot of service manuals in pdf format which I can view using Adobe, my question is when I see a section that I want to copy say what is normally a copy and paste Abobe will not let me do that but tells me it copied it to the clipboard, where is the clipboard ? i can not find it and do not know where the copied seection went.

Thanks

Bob

2. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    It's invisible... think of it as a virtual clipboard... simply open Notepad, WordPad or any Word Processor (Word, WordPerfect etc) and use Ctrl-V to paste in your copied section.

3. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    I opened notepad and thought I could use paste and of course I couldn't did not know about ctrl v, thanks for the lesson

Bob

4. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The PDF could be locked (a pdf can be locked so you can't copy or print by the creator) OR the PDF could be a scanned image and not OCR (the pages were scanned as TIFF or JPG and then converted to PDF rather than scanned into a word processor and then converted to a PDF). Either way you are out of luck.

5. Sandman

Sandman Godfather

Sep 23, 2002
    The method that CoriBright posted works just fine

Bob

6. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    Two more shortcuts you might like then...Ctrl-C for Copy and Ctrl-X for Cut