All of a sudden, the PDF reader on my laptop just stopped working. I'm running Win 2000 Pro on an IBM Thinkpad. I did a google search and others are reporting the same thing on different operating systems and versions of the reader! Its even now on the Adobe user forum itself, but there doesn't seem to be a consistent fix. Even unloading/reloading is not fixing it. It won't even open if I try to open it from outside a browser. No messages, no nothing. If I try to open it from a browser file, it just hangs. No message no nothing and I have to use task manager to kill the window. I did get a few 'updates available' messages the last few days, but I was lazy and hit 'update later'. I figured if it wasn't broke, don't fix it, but darn! Its still working on my desktop, so its really weird.