1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Adult Privacy on DirecTV DVR's

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by MiamiPhins, Dec 20, 2013.

1. MiamiPhins

MiamiPhins AllStar

May 28, 2007
    Why is that DirecTV can't initiate better privacy on their DVR's. For example today the recording shows up as "Blocked Title" but then puts the channel number 590 and PBTV next to the recording. How is this private? Sure they blocked the access to the content but privacy should also be a concern. The recordings that are blocked should be more discrete. Also if you select the "Blocked Title" recording it will show even more details on that screen as well. Could someone in the "Cutting Edge" forum make this suggestion to DTV. I do not want my children to know what the blocked content is by mistake.

2. MiamiPhins

MiamiPhins AllStar

May 28, 2007
    Ideally I'll like them to be gone entirely!

3. MiamiPhins

MiamiPhins AllStar

May 28, 2007
    Only visible when I enter my pin #

4. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    If you use only one DVR, say in your bedroom, for recording "adult" stuff you could add a BSF to it and its playlist would be isolated from the other DVRs in the house. The only way your kids could see what you were recording on it would be to go into your bedroom and look.

This would however stop you from being able to watch stuff in your bedroom that you recorded on another DVR in the house.

5. TBoneit

TBoneit Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    There would have to be something there to select for it to prompt you to enter the PIN.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The fact that is "blocked" would tell the kids that is not spongebob necessarily being blocked

7. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Everything should say blocked only if its blocked due to parental controls. You should never see any titles or channels, and the channels should disappeared from the guide completely. These are things that don't happen now.

8. bigbubba1959

bigbubba1959 New Member

May 26, 2012
    Could you not make a favorites list and not add those channels to that list. Then use that favorites list as a the guide??