1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Advice for dish mount needed!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by David Ortiz, Dec 31, 2008.

Tags:
  1. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!! DBSTalk Club

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    I have the perfect place for the dish install. It's the south side of the house, where the roof joists extend past the house, so I don't have to worry about making holes into the attic.

I'm installing an AU9 dish and I'm not sure exactly how I should do it. I'm thinking two pressure-treated 2x4s spanning the two joists nearest the house one catching the top of the foot and the other catching the bottom of it would work just fine.

Can the lines run higher than the dish and then enter the house through the attic, or should I run them down to the crawl space?

Thanks in advance

David

Attached Files:

2. firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr Legend

Sep 17, 2008
    Looks like an under the eave mount would work perfectly for you.... there is a link to a thread talking about them...

good luck

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=137280&highlight=eave+mount

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    And if you were going to mount it directly on the roof, you'd be better of bolting a 2x4 to each side of the middle rafter, making a thick platform under the roofing planks where all 6 bolts on the mast foot would be well supported. No reason to span the two rafters.