1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ah, Florida, the home of univited visitors....

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Richard King, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Florida is the home of many uninvited visitors. I've posted pix of a couple that have stopped by my house that I have on the market lately. The first visitor is very nice and friendly. She started showing up about a month ago and now shows up everyday. She shows up and hangs out for anything from 15 minutes to several hours. When she shows up she hangs out with me in the living room for a few minutes rubbing on everything showing off how happy she is to be there. After this she wanders into the master bath where she jumps on the sink counter and waits for me to turn the faucet on so she can get a drink. After filling up, of course, she has to clean her hands....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second visitor, who showed up this morning isn't as friendly, or, at least doesn't show it...

[​IMG]

2. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Cats?

3. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Richard, what kind of snake is that?

Didn't you also post a crab or something, up against one of your doors a year or two ago?

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Could be worse, could be palmetto bugs.

5. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Or baby gators in the pool.....

6. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    We had one that did that. It was winter and this cute little kitten would be waiting by our garage at night. One cold night we let him stay in the garage and gave him food. Fifteen years later he is an ornery old cat with an attitude. :lol:

7. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    HEY! I resemble that.

8. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    That's kind of how we got our latest cat - someone dropped off a just weened kitten. Wife sent me out to the car to check for a can of Beans that had gotten loose. We did provide food and water outside for a couple days. We took him in when there was a thunderstorm a couple days later.

Since he is a buff colored short hair - he became Bean. Fit right in with the other 3 cats (all from the same litter and about 4-5 years old at the time).

9. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Could be way worse... AirRocker is in Florida.. I'm just saying...:D

10. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I saw this thread title and a thought, poor Richard, he has old friends from Minneapolis staying with him for a month. :nono2:

11. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    You must mean this guy: :lol:
    [​IMG]

12. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Southern Ring-necked Snake. Very harmless and small

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/uw251

13. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    He said "cat" not "coot". ;)

14. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    I'd love to put a "cat cam" on the critter (the cat, not the snake or crab) and see where she hangs out every day. I suspect she is owned by someone, but she has no collar or tags.

15. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    I hate it when they do that. They should learn some self control. ;)

This cat is a long hair and sheds like crazy. That's the only problem with her that I can tell. She has me trained to turn on the water for her and I have her trained to jump up on a stool that I have in the dining area. When she jumps up there she gets a massage right, left and back and just loves it. When I stop she meows and reaches out to try to pull my hand back. Of course in the process she scratches me (not enough to break the skin).

16. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007
    one of those brushes that pulls the loose hair out would be good in this case

17. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Richard, at what point do you cross the line from just 'tolerating' the cat to becoming a permanent member of its vacation home staff? ;)

18. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    !rolling

I was going to say could be worse...could be scorpions...but yours is better. :lol:

19. Richard King

Mar 25, 2002
    Visitor #2 is deceased. :(

20. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Killed by Visitor #1? That's what happens at our house. The cat always kills any snakes we find hanging around. Not to mention various squirrels, rabbits, moles, birds and small forms of wildlife.